New. Year.

Can someone tell me where the hell the year has gone?  I hear myself and others saying this increasing as we get older.  Months fly by and before we know it we are in the end of year rush.  But luckily, I have a quiet moment to sit and contemplate what has gone before and what may lay ahead.

2011, huh?  You know, there were some good things about you...but overall this year has been an annus horribilis for many.  And I guess maybe that's the roll of the dice some years.  It can be a hard slog.  It can seem unfair.  But there can also be moments of triumph, and some dumb luck thrown in for good measure.  We saw some great theatre (at the Malthouse), some great gigs, had lovely times with friends and Peter and I finally found a home.  What a delight it was to stop looking at real estate!  I also had a confronting year work wise, making me search for employment elsewhere (which is still continuing), and chucked on a few extra kilos I could probably do without.  I've deemed 2011 the year of mental health in our place.  It's been an up and down year for both Peter and I, but as promised, we've held each other's hand tightly and ridden the bumpy ride together.

I don't know what 2012 holds.  I'm hoping it's something good.  For all of us.  I think we could all do with a bit more dumb luck, and happy times.  Actually, life without drama or heartache would be kinda cool too.  I'm thinking about all that's gone on this year for me, and many of my friends.  And I hope at the stroke of midnight, something magical happens and we all simultaneously have smiles on our faces, love in our hearts and much to look forward to in the new year.  A girl can dream, can't she?

Anyway, this has been doing the rounds on facebook and twitter.  I know this song from When Harry Met Sally (such a great movie), and it's nice to hear it done lo-fi with a ukulele.  What are you doing New Years Eve?  Whatever it is, may you have a wonderful, magical night.  Stay safe, and keep your fingers crossed that 2012 brings happiness, luck and love.  A toast to you all, lovely people.  Happy New Year.




Comments